July brings me to 7 months of blogging. I love having an online platform to write whatever I want, whenever I want. It’s freedom! But I never thought I would be recognized for my blogging efforts. So it was a surprise and a great pleasure when I found out that I was nominated for the Liebster Award!
A huge thanks goes out to Sashi with Scribbles & Pebbles for the nomination. Check out her blog for some great life hacks!
What is the Liebster Award?
Liebster is a German word, that means dearest, beloved, or sweetheart. As in, your dearest friend.
The Liebster Award started in 2011 as a way to recognize the efforts of fellow bloggers. It’s also a great way to discover new blogs, meet other bloggers, network, and share a little about yourself.
No, you won’t be recieving a golden statue in the mail or be asked to give an acceptance speech. But it’s a fun way to get more involved in the blogging community, and for your readers to learn a little more about you.
My Favourite Blog
At the moment, I’ve been enjoying a blog called Barefoot Warrior. It’s a faith-based Christian blog full of encouragement, honesty, and simple living practices (such as minimalism). Melinda Tarcon is the creator and writer for this site, and her talents are vast. Check out her honesty and humour in The Great Iced Coffee Catastrophe. Or read a beautiful letter to our graduates in Dear Graduate.
I hope you enjoy her blog as much as I do!
Ten Fun Facts
In accordance with the rules of this nomination, here are ten random facts about me.
- One of my eyes is half blue.
- I hate sugar in my coffee.
- I don’t own a television.
- I haven’t used shampoo in 3 years (just baking soda! Works great!)
- My favourite treat is dark chocolate.
- I’m slightly terrified of spiders.
- My first car was a ’97 Ford Escort.
- I love rainy days.
- I think bouquets of fresh wildflowers are wonderful.
- My favourite pop is Dr. Pepper.
Liebster Award Nominees
1. Would you read or write?
- Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
- Swimming in the pool, lake, or ocean?
- What is your dream vacation?
- Country music: love it or hate it?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Besides blogging, what’s one of your favorite hobbies?
- What is your favourite ethnic food? (e.g. Indian, Mexican, Italian, etc.)
- How long have you been blogging?
- Would you rather live in the country or the city?
- What are three words that best describe you?